Thursday 1 February 2018

Monthly Crop Motivational Challenge (January)

Hi all

Today I wanted to share a scrapbook layout with you all.

As some of you know each month I attend a local Crop with my best friend wellmy best friend and the wonderful Cal who runs the crop worked together to start a Motivation Inspiration Challenge for each month as a bit of fun.

So this started in January and yes I know I am a little behind in sharing this with you so here goes.

For January we had to include the following 5 prompts in our creation, It could be a scrapbook layout, Card, Mixed Media project anything you wanted as long as it involved the following prompts.


As soon as I saw the prompts on the 1st Jan I noticed the Lilac and Autumn and you guessed it thought oh no how am I going to incorporate those together, So I got my thinking cap on and played around with a few ideas until TAADAAA!!! Light bulb moment.

And here is my scrapbook layout.


As you can see I have done a 12 x 12 layout now if you have been following my blog for some time you will know I haven't been a scrapbooker for long but have to admit I am really enjoying the journey.

To do this I used my scrumptious Distress Oxide Inks to create the background using the smooshing technique, I also die cut some leaves out on my big shot and again used my Distress Oxide inks to colour them. (Prompt Autumn)

The quote and the picture of me (Prompt Selfie) was printed out on my Canon Selphy and backed onto the some beautiful Designer Series Paper, the quote I found on google images and is a well know quote from Harry Potter (which i love) it reads " Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore (Prompts Motivational and Use a Quote)

Even though in this picture you can not see it, it does have a lilac background to it YAY lilac. (Prompt Lilac)

I also used my Crushed grape Mica Spray on the layout and on the leaves so this added more of a lilac look to it and lastly used Shaded Lilac Distress Ink on the edges on the layout. (Prompt Lilac)

I hope this gives you some inspiration also and you have enjoyed seeing what I did by incorporating the 5 prompts.

Kelly
Xx The Crafty Bat xX

No comments:

Post a Comment