Tuesday 18 September 2018

Prima Paper Clay and Prima IOD Moulds

Hi Crafters

Today's blog post is a bit different to my usual, I am still showing you a make but not a completed piece, this is more of a my views on the products used.

So for a while I have been wanting to make my own embellishments for my mixed media art pieces so I purchased some stunning Prima Marketing IOD Moulds and Prima Marketing Paper Clay from Thompsons Craft Supplies.

What did I think to the Paper Clay?

The clay is very reasonably priced especially with it being Prima Marketing, but unfortunately for myself I found it very hard to work with, it does need a bit of working before it is right to be put into the moulds. As someone who suffers with chronic pain (Fibromyalgia) the clay put a lot of strain on my hands, wrists and arms with having to work it so much as it is a very tough clay, but once warm and right it goes into the moulds perfectly. So if you are someone who suffers with chronic pain and it affects your hands please be aware of this, other than finding it tough to work with I had no other problems with it.

The clay once dry can be coloured using a number of mediums including acrylic paint, ink sprays, ink to name a few.

What did I think to the Prima IOD Moulds?

Now the moulds what can I say apart from WOW!!! the detail of the designs is beautiful, they are fantastic quality. The moulds are also food safe and can be used with Resin, Clay, Hot Glue Gun to name a few. The moulds are flexible so it is very easy to remove your pieces. There are a fair few different designs available of these moulds too and I would highly recommend them.

What results did I get?
 Here are the pieces I did from some of the Prima IOD moulds and the Paper Clay. 


I left the clay in the moulds to air dry and they came out of the moulds very easy, you can take them out before they have dried also it is personal preference.

Now be aware as with any air dry clay you can get cracks and breakages (as you can see on the picture above I had a couple of breakages) but I think that adds to the character of the pieces and any that are broke can easily be glued back together if you wish. Some of the pieces I didn't do the full piece but only some of it.

Products Used:
Prima Paper Clay 
Prima IOD Moulds - Baroque 6, Keys, Wings, Keyholes, Trifles

I hope this post has been helpful, I will be doing other posts about clay and moulds so keep a look out for those. 

Kelly 
Xx The Crafty Bat xX

All products used I have purchased from Thompsons Craft Supplies and I was not paid to do this post, this has been done to give my opinions on them to help anyone who is thinking of trying the clay and moulds.

No comments:

Post a Comment