Thursday 9 August 2018

Altered Jewellery Box

Hi all
Today I have a new creation to share with you all, this one is one of my biggest mixed media pieces I have done to date and I hope you all like what I have done.

I have had this plan wooden jewellery box that I got from my local craft centre for over 12 months and didn't have a clue what I was going to do with it until now......

So here is what I have done with it


As you can see I have completely altered it and made it into a Steampunk Jewellery Box complete with a mini top hat which I have made from scratch.

Now for more photo's of the jewellery box including some close up photo's

It has a draw on the front at the bottom

Side of the jewellery box 


The back of the jewellery box and mini top hat 


More side on photo's




Now for a close up of the mini top hat, as you can see I have added some black feathers and 3D printed cogs and gears which I painted.



The inside of the jewellery box, showing the tray which can be taken out and some of the mirror.



This project has been an a labour of love and I have enjoyed every minute of bringing it to life, I will definitely be doing more projects along these lines.

I hope you like what I have done with this jewellery box.

Kelly
Xx The Crafty Bat xX

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafting With An Attitude - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft -Anything Goes Challenge #73
Altered Eclectics- Anything Goes as long as it is mixed media
Classic Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes 
Morgans Artworld - Anything Goes 
SanDee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenges - Anything Goes-Steampunk/Industrial
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes 
Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes

24 comments:

  1. Gosh oh my goodness me. This is absolutely out of this world. What a brilliant project you have created, never seen anything like this. Amazing and incredible. Fantastic work here. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.Annette DT forhttp://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again, and I loved coming back the second time to view this stunning project. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you back taking a second look :)

      Delete
  3. Your box is perfect, texture and colors are amazing ! thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, especially the hat on the top. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with n Attitude Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have to admit the hat is my favourite part and was so much fun to create as was the whole project.

      Delete
  5. Awesome, love your amazing little top-hat, beautiful! Many thanks for sharing with us SanDee's and Amelies Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kerstin :). Yes the little to hat is a favourite of mine and already looking forward to making more of them.

      Delete
  6. I am flabbergasted! This is awesome and amazing work, you should be very proud of it. I love everything about it. So clever and inventive. I haven't enough words to describe it. Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge at Morgans Artworld this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

    Faith Morgans Artworld DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    Morgans Artworld
    morgansartworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am very proud of this piece especially the top hat.

      Delete
  7. Fantastic project! I love the metal look and that hat is so cute. Thank you for joining us this month at Altered Eclectics, Jane (DT) :) x http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness, WOW Kelly, what a fabulous creation! I love every detail! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Sherry DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer this is incredible Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly cool. It looks amazing. And you should be so proud of yourself for actually using the box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is amazing I love it
    Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is realy amazing, so wonderful..i love it
    Hugs
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project, thank you for joining us at Classic Design Team Challenge Blog.
    Good Luck
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous! An amazing transformation, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team
    Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Angela DT Member for https://worldw
    ideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete