Wednesday 22 August 2018

Spooky Goings On

Hi all. 
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, so today I have a new project to share with you all and yesI know it is only August but Halloween is my favourite holiday so of cause I just had to do something spooky.

Now this piece I am sharing with you all today was inspired by Mike Deakin.....

So here is what I have been doing


Now I bet you are sitting there thinking what is spooky about this?........ Are you ready? ...... 


Oh hello Mr Skeleton ;) Yes it is a 3d picture. The above two pictures have both been taken with the flash on to show the colours and the metallic a bit more.

Now for some pictures of the canvas with no flash and some close ups





Close up pictures of some of the detail and texture on the canvas




I absolutely love how this turned out and can not thank Mike enough for the inspiration, as I have had some of these 3d Halloween pictures for a fair few years and they have just been sat in a draw, I may have to do the others so there is a set of them, If i do the rest I shall share them with you all.

The products I used to do this piece are as follows:
20cm x 20cm Canvas
Black Gesso
3d Halloween Picture
Cheese Cloth
Metal Embellishments
Mixed Media Stones (Medium and Large) - Imaginations Crafts
Metallic Acrylic Paints - Miss Moneypenny, Emerald City, Aladdin - IndigoBlu (two of the colours I made into a spray)
Dylusions Paint - Tangerine Dream (Made into a spray)
Pumpkin Chipboard
Dylusions Halloween Stamp and Stencil Set - Used the stencil 
Texture Paste

I hope you like my spooky mixed media canvas and it gives you some inspiration for Halloween, just like Mike's gave me inspiration to give this a go.

Kelly
Xx The Crafty Bat xX

I would like to enter this piece into the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics -  Anything Goes as long as it is mixed media
Creative Artiste Mixed Media - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Love To Create - Anything Creative Mixed Media Goes
More Mixed Media Challenge -  Anything Goes - Optional Brights

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stunning project, beautifully done, great colour and texture, brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW stunning project great 3-D picture and love all the jewel coloured texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/ wow beautifull and spooky, thank you for sharing with us at We Love To Create, Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete